Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a pizza oven?

kitfriendesq
Cultivating a Following

How to build a pizza oven?

IMG_0718.jpeg

IMG_0719.jpeg

  

I’ve inherited a partly fallen in old brick table/firepit area in our garden of “varying” quality. There’s a void in the middle which has previously been used for burning garden waste but I’d love to make it into something more appealling.

1) idea one was to convert it into a pizza oven by building a slab and arched roof using discarded bricks from the same source (the whole apparatus was repurposed brick originally) but I don’t want to spend crazy amounts - anyone got experience of what would be an economic approach to doing this?

2) other ideas welcome 🤗 just building a bench top across the voice probably easiest but not that exciting.

available “free” materials = big pile of bricks with various bits of mortar attached 

kitfriendesq
Cultivating a Following

Re: How to build a pizza oven?

Great suggestion @Dave-1 - I hadn't planned a grill yet (and it seems to work pretty well) but I can definitely do that. 

kitfriendesq
Cultivating a Following

IMG_1614.jpeg

This weekend’s update! My neighbour rolled us a flue from scrap corrugated and we’ve mortared in with some rebar and wire 😁 should assist with smokiness our theory is correct!

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @kitfriendesq,

That looks brilliant. What a fantastic neighbour you have.

I'm sure once the pizza oven is fully up and running, you'll pay them back with some wonderful woodfired pizzas.

Thanks for the update.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects