Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a shed on existing paved area?

Soogle
Just Starting Out

How to install a shed on existing paved area?

Hi - I have a large, level and well-paved area at the back of the house and l would like to put a garden shed on it. Will I still need to put a separate base underneath or is there another way to anchor it?20240326_164953.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shed to put on existing paved area.

Hello @Soogle 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your shed installation.

I'm afraid that those pavers are too small and will not be enough to hold the weight of your shed. The last thing you want to happen is to see your shed fly off in a storm into a neighbour's area. I propose building a timber base frame. A properly built timber base should be enough to hold the shed in place. There is also the advantage of having the shed off the paving floor and thereby keeping the flooring inside the shed dry.

I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - Garden shed on timber base by @Malcolm. It's a good example of a shed timber base.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to install a shed on existing paved area?

Hi @Soogle as @EricL highlighted the pavers alone aren't suitable to fix the shed to. But once you know the shed size and recommend fixing requirements, you could lift a couple at each point and dig holes to pour concrete in that fasteners could then fix in to secure the shed. This way you get to utilise the rest of the pavers as a floor base.

Nailbag

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects