Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill gaps in a cement wall?

Kathlyn
Finding My Feet

How to fill gaps in a cement wall?

The bottom level of the house has a bessa brick wall which has large gaps between it and the cement post. I’m building in under the house and need to fill in the gaps.

I’m looking to fill it with rapid set cement, however the challenge is that I need to work out how to ensure the cement is settled (bubble free) and stays in the gap while it’s setting.

IMG_7510.jpegIMG_7351.jpegIMG_7343.jpegIMG_6173.jpegIMG_6162.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fill gaps in a cement wall

Hi @Kathlyn,

Thank you for your question about filling in some gaps between the concrete columns and the besser brick foundation.

You're going to have to install some formwork to hold the concrete in place while it sets.

You can use some 12mm Plywood and some Ramset EasyDrive Masonry Anchors to fix the plywood into place bridging the gap between the column and the besser bricks.

Once the formwork is in place, you can fill the cavity with concrete. When the concrete is in place, you can vibrate the form to settle the concrete and release any air bubbles. This can be done by tapping the plywood with a hammer, or vibrating the forms with something like an orbital sander.

Once the concrete has set, simply unscrew the EasyDrive anchors and remove the formwork.

Let me know what you think and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects