Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a screen door lock cylinder?

GusMU
Just Starting Out

How to replace a screen door lock cylinder?

Hi all,

The snib on my security screen door lock has disappeared, so I bought a replacement Rolltrak Keyed Hinged Screen Door Lock (R8922PRI-5P / 9318918000205) to replace it. It comes with a 60mm cylinder, but I want to use the existing 50mm cylinder so that I can have one key for the three screen doors.

My question is: am I able to use the 50mm cylinder with this lock? I don't want to open the packaging if I can't use it.

Thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace a screen door lock cylinder?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @GusMU. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about replacing a cylinder.

I've spoken with Rolltrak, and that is not a possibility. It would be an additional expense, but if you wanted them all keyed alike, we'd need to order three locks with the same keys from the supplier.

Could your current lock be repaired or serviced? Did you happen to open it up, and was anything broken inside? If not, it might just need to be lubricated.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects