Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Patio Kit vs Pergola own design

Jackson5
Getting Established

Patio Kit vs Pergola own design

Hello, looking for some feedback on bunnings pergola kits.  Has anyone installed a 

Insulspan Patio Kit or Slimeline Kit

If so could you give me some feedback on quality, hours it took and how easy the project was to complete vs a doing a pergola of your own design.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Patio Kit vs Pergola own design

Hello @Jackson5 

Bunnings pergola kits like the Insulspan Patio Kit and Slimline Kit offer convenient, quality options for those looking to enhance their outdoor space without a full custom build. The Insulspan Patio Kit, known for its durability and insulation, keeps the area cooler, which is ideal for warm climates. While the pre-cut and pre-drilled design makes it relatively straightforward to install, most users suggest having a helper due to the panel sizes, with installation usually taking around 1-2 days. 

In contrast, the Slimline Kit is more lightweight and minimalist, making it quicker to assemble, typically within a day. Both kits are more affordable than custom designs and save time, but a custom-built pergola offers greater flexibility in design. Kits provide a balanced approach, delivering ease and durability with a clear, guided process for installation.

Let me call on our experienced members @Dave-1 and @Jewelleryrescue for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: Patio Kit vs Pergola own design

Good Evening @Jackson5 

I have not installed any prebuilt kits tho they do look pretty sleek. I have installed my own deck with a peaked roof tho. 

Kits = Nice clean install with minimal issues other then starting measurments.

Install one designed by yourself = Nice install, has your own spin to it and can be customised to the tenth degree. Mistakes are easy but enjoyable once solved.

Id say the self build option would take longer but also wouldnt be cookie cutter the same. Id choose that everytime (personal opion) If you havnt done a lot of installs before then maybe the pre-built design would be a good first step.

Sketch up the prebuilt designs and then have a go at sketching your own. It will show up FAST which you prefer. It comes down to money, time and ability :smile: mix them about and see what you get. All three are easy enough, some have more personailty then others.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects