Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Which way do you install over the balcony planters?

plantastic70
Just Starting Out

Which way do you install over the balcony planters?

I've just purchased 2 over the balcony planters & simply wish to know if the water level should be visible to me, or should it be on the side of the balcony? Probably a dumb question, but just curious. Cheers.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Placing Over The Balcony Planters

Hi @plantastic70,

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is wonderful to have you with us.

Not a dumb question at all—it's actually a smart thing to consider when setting up balcony planters with a water reservoir.

For over-the-balcony planters with a water level indicator, it’s usually most practical to have the indicator facing you, so you can easily monitor the water level and know when to refill it without leaning over the balcony.

If your planter design allows, positioning the reservoir or indicator where it’s visible from inside the balcony can save you time and prevent accidental over-watering, which can lead to root rot. Keeping it on the inside also minimizes water dripping on the balcony edge, which could potentially stain or cause wear over time.

Let me know what you think.

Jacob

Re: Placing Over The Balcony Planters

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for your informative reply.

Very much appreciated. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects