Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to care for brand new mimosa outdoor lounge?

PrincesDIY
Just Starting Out

How to care for brand new mimosa outdoor lounge?

IMG_3700.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to care for brand new mimosa outdoor lounge?

Hi @PrincesDIY,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you join us.

Was there any particular aspect of the care for your new Mimosa lounge that you weren't sure about?

Their care is fairly minimal, only requiring some cleaning every now and then and a bit of oil such as this Clear Outdoor Furniture Oil once it has become weathered. 

While not the exact same process, you might like to check out How To Oil Your Deck for some guidance on the application of protective oils similar to what you would use on this.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Hi Jacob. Thanks for your reply. 
Yes I was wanting to clarify the instructions that say to hose it down before I oil it. Did my full post come through ok?

Thanks for your help!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @PrincesDIY 

If leeching does occur, you'll need to hose down the furniture for 3 to 4 days as the instructions state. It's best to do it over a grassy area so that your concrete does not get stained. Please don't forget to seal the entire chair using Feast Watson Outdoor Timber Oil when it has stopped leaching.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jonatlc
Just Starting Out

Hi Eric

Is this process (hose down and oil)  required before using the product? 

Regards

Jon

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jonatlc. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Mimosa timber furniture.

If the furniture is exposed to the elements and on a porous surface, it is advisable to hose it down to weather it and then oil it. This removes any residual tannins and prevents them from bleeding onto a surface that will absorb them or clothing.

It's best to do this before using the product.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects