Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build my garden shed?

Jeanagh
Having an Impact

How to build my garden shed?

So, onto my next project, again, I have no idea what  I'm doing but how hard can it? The instructions are pretty clear (not so much to  me) but I can't find a  step by step for beginners on YouTube. It's only small so........let's give it a go! Any tips would be greatly appreciated 

Screenshot_20230119_095029_Chrome.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build my garden shed?

Hello @Jeanagh

Before you pick up the first wall of your shed, I propose having a quick look at this discussion - How to pour a concrete slab by @tom_builds. It's important to consider the type of flooring your shed will have as this will be in theory a long-term standing structure. It's also important to consider where the shed will be anchored to. The last thing you want to be doing is chasing after your shed after a storm passes your way. 

My number one tip is to look carefully at the pieces themselves. Some parts look the same even though they are upside down. Take your time triple check the assembly. A well-assembled shed should last you a long time.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your shed assembled and ready for use.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects