Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a Ridgi retaining wall?

PscottDIY
Building a Reputation

How to build a Ridgi retaining wall?

Hey Gurus,

after building one of the best decks in history my next project is some retaining walls. Interested in this RIDGI stuff as it looks easy to install, but I have some questions;

https://www.bunnings.com.au/brands/r/ridgi?srsltid=AfmBOopFCTn0VumsOf-IQmhHxOQGrwm8Zdko9TNCR-Z9c7-_n...

1. can you paint it?

2. how would you seal the panels from the back to water/ soil doesn't run through the front. 

3. How would you cap these walls for a better looking finish ?

Keen to hear thoughts from the experts ?

cheers 

Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to build a Ridgi retaining wall?

Ridgy the same brand your thinking @PscottDIY The first sleeper is only 100mm in the ground, which you can't see as I ripped one 2400 in half, then went full sleeper each one after. Crushed rock is yet to be laid in the path area. The images aren't the finished project hence the gap on that top return sleeper which is tomorrows job.

Nailbag

PscottDIY
Building a Reputation

Cheers @Nailbag I can’t see the Ridgi posts available in 75mm ? 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @PscottDIY,

Some great advice from @Nailbag. There's not much I can add to his answers to your earlier questions.

The 75mm sleeper posts can be found here - 

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jacob

PscottDIY
Building a Reputation

Thanks @JacobZ one more question would these posts and treated pine be suitable around a pool area? 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @PscottDIY,

There shouldn't be any issues with them being around the pool as long as the posts don't lose their galvanization in the process of installation.

If you find the posts have lost any galvanization, it is probably worth giving the patches a quick touch up with White Knight Cold Gal Silver Rust Guard Spray Paint.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist with.

Jacob

Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

They must switch to Jack brand for 75mm. Same product though. 

Nailbag

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects