Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mud room cabinet install

Codey
Growing in Experience

Mud room cabinet install

Our front room was looking a bit bare, so I put in this mud room cabinet to enhance the room and also have a tidy place to put your shoes.

Materials

FJ Panel

Plywood

30x19 pine

42x19 pine

Acacia timber

Hooks

Half splayed architrave

Tools

nail gun.pngozito drop saw.pngRyobe JigsawRyobe JigsawRyobe DrillRyobe DrillRyobe SanderRyobe Sander

Steps

Step 1

I started out by buying the basket drawers and built the cabinet to suit them. I put tape down on the ground and made sure the baskets were going to work functionally.

Then I did some basic photoshopping to get a clear idea of how I wanted the final product to look.

mudroom concept.jpg

Step 2

I made some unique touches to this side panel by tracing the contours of my guitar and cut it out with a jigsaw to give it some character.

1.jpg

Step 3

The final product was pretty close to my vision and I'm happy with how it turned out. Putting the tape down first really helped me to visualize it.

before and after.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mud room cabinet install

Hi @Codey,

Another fantastic project. 

You've created a very stylish mudroom cabinet that is right on trend with the white paint and bare timber. I love that you used the contour of your guitar as a feature, a very cool idea.

The green from the plants are the pop of colour that really brings it all together. 

Thank you for sharing.

Jacob

Codey
Growing in Experience

Re: Mud room cabinet install

Thanks very much for the feedback.

I appreciate it.

Codey

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects