Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add legs to a Specrite panel?

Just Starting Out

How to add legs to a Specrite panel?

I bought a spec rite timber panel  2200x600x26 and I need to legs to install panels use as a table I was suggested to nut bracket but it’s not a proper size and unable to install.

if someone could assist would be be appreciated 

thank you. 

IMG_4782.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: spec rite panel

Hi @4026,

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community and apologies for the delayed response.

I'd suggest picking up some Adoored 3/8" Vertical Leg Plates, attaching them to the acacia panel with the provided screws and then screwing the leg into the plates.

This will create the tension required to give you a good sturdy connection and a solid table.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Just Starting Out

Re: How to add legs to a Specrite panel?

Hi Jacob,

thank you for your reply. It’s difficult to cut the nuts for me. Is there any other legs I can use?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to add legs to a Specrite panel?

Hi @4026,

Unfortunately, all of the timber look legs appear to use this same bolt and bracket system. If the issue you are having is because the bolt is too long and is hitting the panel above, a cheap solution is to cut the bolt with a Craftright 300mm Tubular Hacksaw. This would not be particularly difficult, requiring you to measure, mark and then cut the bolt off to a suitable length.

If you didn't want to do this, there are plenty of options for legs that will not require any adjustments such as these La Paz Steel Tube Table Furniture Legs, 700 x 50mm Black Steel Table Legs, or 60 x 710mm White Round Adjustable Table Legs.

These can all be installed with 20mm Button Head Timber Stitching Screws.

Let me know what you think and if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects