Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a broken hinge?

Divyashetty
Finding My Feet

How to fix a broken hinge?

The Hinge on one of the kitchen doors is broken. I need to find a replacement one, but in most cases the hinges begin at 90 degree when the door is closed and goes to 180 degree when the door is open.

In this case the hinge is at 180 degree when door is closed and moves to 270 degree when door is open. I have attached a picture below. Is it possible to get a hinge like this at Bunnings and what are they called. Thank YouWhatsApp Image 2024-10-08 at 9.22.00 PM.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Trying to fix a broken hinge

Hello @Divyashetty 

It appears to be a blind corner hinge. I suggest removing the functioning hinge and bringing it with you to the store and comparing it with the Kaboodle Blind Corner Cabinet Hinge - 1 Pair or the Hafele Nickel Plated 94° Salice Blind Corner Clip On Hinge. Please note that when replacing a hinge both hinges must be replaced so that the door will function properly.  

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix a broken hinge?

Hi @Divyashetty,

Thanks for your question. I trust Eric's advice was helpful.

For future use and the benefit of other readers, I just wanted to add that another of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts has shared this step-by-step guide How to replace kitchen cabinet door hinges.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects