Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach hinge door to the base of pull out bins?

bijujose
Just Starting Out

How to attach hinge door to the base of pull out bins?

I currently have Hafele OSKA-FSC 450mm wide pull out waste bins under my sink , inside my hinge door cabinets. 

I would like to attach the door to the current cabinet. So when I pull the cabinet door , the bins come out. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach hinge door to the base of pull out bins?

Hello @bijujose 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your Hafele bin.

The Hafele OSKA-FSC is not meant to operate with the door swinging out. You'll notice that the front of the bin has angle brackets in the middle section of its pullout frame. This is where the door is meant to be mounted on so that when you pull the door it pulls the bin out as well.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
bijujose
Just Starting Out

Re: How to attach door to the base of pull out bins?

Hi Eric, Thanks for your reply. I choose these bins by mistake in my building contract. What I wanted was bins mounted to the door. I have uploaded a sample picture. Is it possible to remove the hinged door and mount it to my current Hafele OSKA-FSC (503.06.722)  pull-out? If yes, could you please help with the instructions? Thanks  thumbnail_image009.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @bijujose 

I suggest having a look at this guide - How To Make A Pull-Out Trash Bin. It has an example of how the door can be attached to the pull-out bin. I have sent an email to Hafele about the bin installation. Once they respond, I will get back to you.

If you need further assistance, please let us know

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @bijujose 

I have emailed you the installation file that Hafele has sent to me. I'm sorry, but there are no video installation guides available for this bin. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects