Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to treat star jasmine deformed leaves?

eddiegarden
Just Starting Out

How to treat star jasmine deformed leaves?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hello! 
I would like some advices about my star Jasmine. They are planted in full sun positions in Melbourne.

They were planted last year August and had some small growth, however some newer leaves appeared before winter looked small, deformed and feel bumpy. Some leaves are also yellow and have brown edges 

Are there anything I can do to enhance the plant health before new growth in the upcoming months? I would like them to cover the fence soon.

Thanks!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to treat star jasmine deformed leaves?

Hello @eddiegarden 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your Star Jasmine.

I suspect that you have an insect infestation, and it could be aphids, thrips or mealy bugs. Your fourth photo shows a leaf with many holes in it, and I think this is just the start. I propose spraying the star jasmine with Eco-Organic Garden 100ml Eco-Neem Concentrate to manage the insects. My best advice is to make sure to spray the bottom of the leaves for full coverage. Please note that the Eco Neem is a concentrate and must be diluted before use.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a paint rated mask when using the chemical. Please make sure to follow all the safety guidelines printed at the back of the container.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects