Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair moroccan fountain?

jessbarry
Finding My Feet

How to repair moroccan fountain?

IMG_7610.jpeg

  

IMG_7608.jpeg

IMG_7607.jpeg

IMG_7602.jpeg

IMG_7601.jpeg

IMG_7604.jpeg

IMG_7609.jpeg

 Ok so I have this fountain concrete with tiles the main things I need to do is fill up that void on the inside because we aren’t plumbing it in, we just want a solar pump loops so water goes through the tap and back around,  fix one crumbled corner, fix the top which originally was smooth concrete,  fix cracks and gaps in grout and crumbling sides - what products do I need and how do I go about it? This thing is HEAVY so once I move it I need to really be doing all the work and then moving it back once. Thanks in advance for any help. Ps  I’ve got spare tiles from the crumbled corner which I’ve taken photos of. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair moroccan fountain

Hello @jessbarry 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your fountain.

Looking at your fountain from the front it appears that water damage has entered the lower left part of the fountain base. You'll need to check if the tiles are loose or about to fall. If they are, I suggest trying to remove the loose parts as best you can. 

Once you've investigated all the loose parts, I suggest cleaning the surface of the cement base with water, detergent and a scrub brush. The goal is to remove mould and mildew from the surface so that the adhesive will have a good grip on the concrete base. 

I suggest using Dunlop 310ml Tile-All Plus Premixed Tile Adhesive. It's a multi-purpose, adhesive and sealant in one. It's suitable for replacing tiles underwater in swimming pools and water features. For the grout, I suggest looking at the Dunlop Grout range

To add an extra layer of protection, I suggest using Davco 500ml Sanitized Tile And Grout Sealer. To make sure that it's compatible with your tiles, I suggest testing a small section of the bird bath before you commit the entire surface.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

thanks so much @EricL 😊 this gives me what i needed to know to start repairs 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @jessbarry 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing the fountain repaired and ready for use.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects