Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix drainage on side pathway?

vaghasia
Just Starting Out

How to fix drainage on side pathway?

hi

how to fix this side pathway that get rain water get block.

I heard that we can do resurface or any other things do I need to do

11.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix drainage on side pathway?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @vaghasia. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about fixing drainage.

It looks like you have some pooling water there as the pathway was not graded to allow runoff. I see a substantial amount of sealant along the joint between the path and the wall, have you had issues with water getting inside?

You could certainly consider getting the area resurfaced or ground back to achieve the desired slope. You could also create formwork and apply a skim coat of cement over the area to achieve the correct fall. With either of these methods, it would likely be best to employ the services of a professional to do the job. 

Another option might be to install tiles/pavers along the area. These can be bedded in with the correct fall to have water run away from the wall.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for your suggestion!
Unfortunately, the concrete guy didn't do a good job, and I had to apply wall sealant myself to prevent water from getting into the slab. Now, I'm considering cost-effective options . Should I go with tile or resurface the existing one? Which option do you think is more cost-effective?"

Thank you again

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's a bit hard to tell, @vaghasia. You would need to get some quotes from concrete resurfacing companies to compare costs. I suspect grinding the slab to achieve the desired slope would be the cheapest option. However, you'll still just be let with a concrete slab, whereas if you were to tile it will drastically improve the look of the space. Take a look at our Top 10 most popular side yard projects for inspiration.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects