Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you buy Manfreda maculosa (spice lily/texas tuberose) from Bunnings?

Janita
Just Starting Out

Can you buy Manfreda maculosa (spice lily/texas tuberose) from Bunnings?

Hi, I'm looking to add a Manfreda maculosa (spice lily/texas tuberose) to my plant collection but I'm having difficulty finding it. Is this something I can order through Bunnings? I know Mangave are becoming quite popular but I'm specifically interested in the Manfreda.

Cheers, JanitaManfreda-maculosa-Texas-Tuberose4.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can you buy Manfreda maculosa (spice lily/texas tuberose) from Bunnings?

Hi @Janita,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you join us.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to locate any of these specific plants within our regular range. This is not saying it is not possible, they are just not ranged in stores.

It's possible they could be ordered, but it is very region specific as to what's available. For example, what is available in Brisbane where I am, may not be available in Hobart or Perth as they will have different suppliers and different climates

My suggestion would be to contact your local store and ask to speak to their Horticultural Expert. They will have local contacts that they could make enquiries with for this specific plant. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Janita
Just Starting Out

Hi @JacobZ,

Thanks very much for your reply and suggestion, I'll give it a shot.

Cheers,

Janita 

leabe
Just Starting Out

Where are you located i have the spice lilly growing not terribly well at the moment but they are just coming back to life i might be able to give you one

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @leabe,

Thank you for your kind offer and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is wonderful to have you with us.

Allow me to tag @Janita so they are notified of your post. 

If you would like to share any personal information, please do so via private message so your information is kept safe.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist with.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects