Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What would be the most cost effective way to make a base for a shed?

Vitriolum
Getting Established

What would be the most cost effective way to make a base for a shed?

Hi there, 

What would be the most cost effective way to make a base for a shed? I found that laying concrete needs to be for a bigger area for  what we need (3m x 2.3m or so) to be worth it. Another idea was to get used bricks, but not sure if I will find enough, thirdly I came across something called sub-floor construction (as shown in the link below) does Bunnings have such things or any other suggestions would be much appreciated. If sub-floor construction is worth while, would there be a cheaper option for a decking other timber? 

- Tina 

https://podconcepts.com.au/subfloors/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR3cStYGcSOAOQh3Yfq5eTu3CXleUsTYW3aFw...)

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What would be the most cost effective way to make a base for a shed?

Hello @Vitriolum 

Thanks for sharing your question about making a base for your shed. I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the sub-floor product. However, it is possible to replicate the configuration using 140 x 35mm Outdoor Framing H3 Treated Pine 2.4m. When combined with pine decking panels and treated pine post footing you should be able to make a cost-effective solid timber base. 

I also suggest having a look at this discussion - Garden shed on timber base by @Malcolm. It is a good example of a robust timber base.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects