Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop Ryobi +1 angle grinder 125mm cutting off?

terrymccade
Just Starting Out

How to stop Ryobi +1 angle grinder 125mm cutting off?

I have just bought a ryobi 125mm angle grinder and returned the 110 mm one I had just purchased because it was stopping regularly as is my new 125 mm one I now think it might be a battery problem I have 4x5 amph batteries two 6 amp and one 2 amp .I run my 18 volt ryobi lawnmower blower and my vacuum two ryobi drills and a circular saw. All ryobi  the angle grinder is the only tool that cuts on and off  the other tools run as normal what can be the problem with the angle grinder

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stop Ryobi +1 angle grinder 125mm cutting off?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @terrymccade. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question the Ryobi angle grinders.

That sounds like an unusual issue. Initially, I can't imagine all your batteries would have issues, especially since you are running other tools without problems, so we can rule that out. Then, the chances of two different model angle grinders having the same issue are remote. That leaves us with their operation. 

Could you please provide more information about the exact blade you are using and what you are cutting? 

When you say they are stopping regularly, when does this occur? Does the machine just stop randomly and turn off, or is it slowing to a stop, and when you remove the blade's contact from the material, it spins back up on its own accord?

I suspect that the machines could potentially lack the torque required for the job at hand, but I'd need more details to qualify that.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects