Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fit 30mm arbor blade on Bosch circular saw?

alvindmello
Community Newcomer

How to fit 30mm arbor blade on Bosch circular saw?

Hi all,

I am trying to fit a 184mm circular saw blade with an arbor of 30mm on the Bosch 140

https://www.bunnings.com.au/bosch-professional-1400w-184mm-circular-saw-06016b3040_p0237205?store=80...

With the 30mm to 20mm reducers as well it just does not fit like the other saws I see on YouTube. The mounting flange seems to only support upto 30mm

Is there a technique to this ?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fit 30mm arbor blade on Bosch circular saw?

Hi @alvindmello,

A 30mm bore is quite large for a 184mm blade. 30mm bores are more commonly seen on 254mm blades, so it's a bit unusual to see one on an 184mm blade or have a need to adapt one.

The vast majority of our 184mm blades come with a 20mm bore, which will suit the Bosch GKS 140. For example, the IRWIN 184mm 64T Marathon Pro Multi Material Circular Saw Blade will not need a bush and will provide the 64 teeth you require.

Can you let us know what blade it is and if there's a possibility of returning it and using one of the several available off the shelf with the correct sized 20mm bore?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I had this blade lying around and thought it worked with 185mm Makita and other brands.

Makita 185mm (7-1/4") x 60T TCT Multi Purpose Saw Blade - D-63622

Thanks for clarifying. I was not sure if there is some other technique to use 30mm bore size blades on the Bosch that might have been different from other brands.

I think that the blade you have with the extra large bore size is likely too large for the typical 184mm circular saw @alvindmello. As mentioned, most of our 184mm blades have 20mm bores, the 210mm have 25mm and the 254mm start to have the 30mm. The blade you have, even with the bush, might just have a bore size too large for the Bosch's mounting flange.

Mitchell

Solved. Got another one you mentioned Mitchell with 20mm bore. All good and thank you.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @alvindmello 

It's good to hear that you found another blade that works. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects