Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to create an enclosed shed and storage area?

seldy
Getting Established

How to create an enclosed shed and storage area?

Hi all,

I hope to get some advice on making this space more enclosed and filling in any gaps.

My goal is to revitalise this space behind our granny flat as a shed and storage area. The space is quite narrow, but we can fit garage shelves on one side and maybe hang some tools on the other side.

Ideally I want to install a door and fill in any gaps to enclose the whole area:

• At the front, I would like to install a door to enclose the space 
  • I would like to enclose the light gap above near the ceiling, for the wall with the dark PVC panel. 
  • Similarly, I want to fill in gaps from the smaller wall with the clear PVC panel. I like to keep the PVC panel because it lets in much light.

I have some basic tools (circular saw, mitre saw, and some power drills) and am pretty new to DIY, so any advice regarding what material, method and how to install it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

The front of the area that I'm working with. I would like to install a door here to enclose the spaceThe front of the area that I'm working with. I would like to install a door here to enclose the space20240710_132106.jpgI would like to fill in the gap and would love advice on how and what material I can use to fill the light gapI would like to fill in the gap and would love advice on how and what material I can use to fill the light gapCloser view of the gap I would like to coverCloser view of the gap I would like to coverThe space looking out to the gardenThe space looking out to the gardenSimilar to the other wall there are some small holes with this clear plastic sheet wall I want to cocerSimilar to the other wall there are some small holes with this clear plastic sheet wall I want to cocer

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to create an enclosed shed and storage area?

Hi @seldy 

The gaps you've identified can be filled with expansion foam sandwiched between the poly sheets and your new stud.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects