Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bosch Circular Saw - my new toy :)

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Bosch Circular Saw - my new toy :)

As some of you will know, I'm mid renos (again) and while I love getting hands on and using my tools (even the ones I've had for years) it's hard to beat the feeling of buying and working with a brand newy straight out the box :smile:

So I went to see our good friends at Bunnings and got my hands on this sweet Bosch Circular Saw.

boschcsaw.jpg

I only got it a few days ago and have only used it a few times but early signs are, it's a great tool, great value, highly recommended. Very easy to use with plenty of controlled power. The exhaust system is great making for a clear view of cutting.

I like Bosch generally as a brand and this beauty certainly hasn't let me down. I also looked at the Ryobi which was slightly cheaper but opted for the quality of Bosch and the extra power.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Jackson
Making a Splash

Re: Bosch Circular Saw - my new toy :)

Hey @ProjectPete - what projects do you have planned for the new saw?

Used it for new laundry benchtop which I'll be posting about soon.

Then got some shelving and likely a new desk before I redo the kitchen and ensuite
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Here's a really useful guide to circular saws by Handyman Magazine:
http://handyman.net.au/diy-basics-essential-guide-circular-saws
alvindmello
Community Newcomer

Hey mate, I got one too and love it. I wanted a 60T blade and got one what has a arbor of 30mm. I cannot find how to fit that in. Unlike other saws the mounting flange is just under 30.

Any help is appreciated. 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @alvindmello. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about saw blades.

The technical information I can find on the Bosch PKS1500 suggests that the bore size is 20mm. In order to use a blade that has a 30mm bore, you'd need a bush that converts from 20 to 30mm. Unfortunately, I do not see one in the Craftright 12 Piece Circular Saw Bush Set to suit that conversion. A 30mm bore is quite large for a 184mm blade, which the Bosch PKS1500 suits. 30mm bores are more commonly seen on 254mm blades, which are far too large for this machine.

The vast majority of our 184mm blades come with a 20mm bore, which will suit the Bosch PKS1500. For example, the IRWIN 184mm 64T Marathon Pro Multi Material Circular Saw Blade will not need a bush and will provide the 64 teeth you require.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects