Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace toilet cistern and seat?

anniediy
Just Starting Out

How to replace toilet cistern and seat?

I want to replace my seat and cistern as it’s old (images). Are there universal seats and cistern that would work? Otherwise what requirements/measurements do I need to factor in to purchase a suitable seat and cistern? Ideally want a packaged system with both parts rather than looking for two separate parts.

Can you please make some recommendations as to which products Would definately work for this job? 

cheers

22ACA0DE-B946-447B-8118-BD72672631E3.jpeg

D9EA0FFD-15CC-48D6-AD91-CAE90F5238B5.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replqce toilet cistern and seat?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @anniediy. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about replacing a toilet cistern and seat.

If you were to purchase either the Estilo White Replacement Cistern With Seat, FIX-A-LOO WELS 4 Star 4.5L-3L/Min White Millennium Cistern With Toilet Seat And Link, or FIX-A-LOO WELS 3 Star 3-5.8L/min Hygenix Touchless Cistern With Seat And Link they are very-likely to suit your current toilet.

If you did decide to mix and match, most seats have a universal adjustment system for their mounting bracket, so you should be fine selecting any seat from our range. To be sure, you can take your seat with you, and a helpful team member will be able to assist in selecting something to suit. For your cistern, you'll need to avoid any close-couple units as these are designed for a specific pan style, which yours is not.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects