Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix bath spout that is not straight?

ameliam
Just Starting Out

How to fix bath spout that is not straight?

I cant get my new spout for my bathtub to fit on straight. When tightened on it’s always pointing to the side so when turned on water goes out of the bath 

please help

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: bath spout wont fit straight

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ameliam. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about attaching a bath spout.

When it comes to plumbing fittings like a bath spout, the number of revolutions of thread tape you apply can impact the final orientation of the spout. If, for example, the spout is facing the wrong direction when fully tightened, you can add or remove a layer of thread tape to adjust its position.

For instance, if the spout tightens to the 9 o'clock position, try adding more thread tape (one or two extra revolutions) so that it ends up at the 6 o'clock mark. Alternatively, if it's over-tightening, removing a bit of tape can allow for finer adjustment.

Make sure the spout is firmly sealed to prevent any leaks, but not so tight that you can't adjust it. If you're still having trouble, please feel free to share some pictures or more details, and we can assist further. Let me know if you need a hand uploading images.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects