Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace hand-held shower?

yohfdo
Finding My Feet

How to replace hand-held shower?

Hi,

My hand-held shower pipe is leaking so I believe it needs replacing. Is it as simple as buying one of the same size or do I need to apply any paste/tape to the screw when i fix the new one to make sure it seals properly. I've included a photo of what I am referring to

Thanks

1000029462.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Replace hand-held shower

Hi @yohfdo,

Where is the pipe leaking from? If it's the point where the flexi hose meets the wall fitting, you might just require a replacement washer to seal the leak. I'd suggest unscrewing the flex hose via the ribbed fitting and seeing if the seal has perished.

If you can purchase a suitable hand-held shower, then typically, they'd only require thread tape to seal it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

It looks like it's leaking from some point in the flexi hose. Where the hose meets the wall fitting, it's completely dry.

Looks like I'll need to get a hand-held shower and thread tape then to fix it.

Is it as simple as wrapping the tape around the wall fitting a few times before screwing on the new fitting?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @yohfdo 

Yes, it is that simple, please make sure to do a minimum of four rounds around the threaded exit. If the washer in the hose is gone or broken, I suggest replacing them with Kinetic Handshower Washers. But if the hose itself is damaged, I recommend the Kinetic 2m Stainless Steel Shower Hose.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects