Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is the difference between Ozito Battery circular saws?

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

What is the difference between Ozito Battery circular saws?

Afternoon All

I have been wondering for the last two years about the difference between these two sizes of ozito saws.

184mm blade runs at max spped of 7000rpm $199

165mm blade runs at max spped of 9500rpm $99

As far as I can make out the effective difference is 19mm extra blad cut for an extra $100

01 16-06-2024.jpg

The better size at $199

02 16-06-2024.jpg

The smaller size at $99

03 16-06-2024.jpg

Prices, whoops have the wrong saw name but its the same price for the smaller circular saw.

I wont be using it for fine cuts just for chopping up lengths of timber to fit into the car.  I am trying to decide is it worth the 100 for 19mm.

Dave

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is the difference between Ozito Battery circular saw

Hi @Dave-1,

That's the Ozito PXC 18V 184mm 7¼" Brushless Circular Saw - Skin Only for $199 and the Ozito PXC 18V 165mm Circular Saw - Skin Only for $99.98. Apart from the 19mm difference in the blade size, the major difference is that the 184mm saw has a brushless motor, hence the price difference. The brushless motor supplies more power and runs for longer. 

Those max speeds are what the blades are capable of running at, not what the machines will achieve under load. The 164mm does run at a higher RPM than the 184mm model under no load. However, under load, the brushless motor, which outputs more power, will keep the blade at a higher RPM when cutting.

I'll add a comparison of their specs below.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Thank you @MitchellMc 

Mmmm and now I also have to add in that it runs longer lol I have "chosen" the cheaper one, then back to the larger blade and then back an fourth a number of times. And Was at the point of $99 one.. now Its back into the ??? range :smile:

Thank you for the info.

Dave

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Morning @MitchellMc 

Thank you for the information :smile: I am back on track for the $199 184mm brushless model. Mainly because of the brushless providing the higher rpm while cutting. I dont expect it to be doing fine work as its to use when picking up timber and cutting it to fit in the car from the side of the road so I want something that will do the job :smile:

Thanks again.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects