Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What blade for Ozito Mitre Saw?

Matkai
Growing in Experience

What blade for Ozito Mitre Saw?

I will be installing skirting soon and was planning on purchasing the Ozito 254 Sliding Compound Saw and the Mitre Saw Table.  I am aware that this comes with a 40T blade, but for MDF moulding was informed I should use a 60T or preferably a 80T blade.

In the manual it state that you need to make sure that the blade is not too big, has the right bore hole and also is suitable for the speed.

Ozito 
Speed: 4,000
Diameter : 254
Bore:   25.4
Kerf:  3.0mm (assuming this is the thickness)

Is it going to be easy or difficult to find extra blades that will fit? 

Has anyone found a 60T or 80T blade that fits and works on this machine?

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ozito Mitre Saw - Blade Question

Hi @Matkai,

The Full Boar 254mm 80T Trade Series Mitre Saw Blade suits your needs. It's 254mm, includes a bush for the 25.4 bore, is 80T and has a max speed of well above your saw capacity.

It's an awesome blade that will be perfect for cutting your trim work.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Matkai
Growing in Experience

Is there a Diablo Blade that will fit, have heard they are very good blades as well?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Diablo blades are fantastic, too, @Matkai. The Diablo 254mm 60T Mitre Saw Blade and especially the Diablo 254mm 90T Ultimate Flawless Finish Circular Saw Blade are amazing. They will both run on your saw and include the reducing bush to suit your 25.4mm bore size. I've run the 60T in the past on an Ozito and loved it. I'm pretty sure the blade cost me more than the saw, but boy, was it worth it. It's so nice to do a finishing cut and not have to sand the edge afterwards.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects