Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Smart door lock suggestion please

Samara1
Building a Reputation

Smart door lock suggestion please

Smart door lock suggestion please:

1)i am looking for smart door lock Samsung or Kaadas. which is the better in latest version. Never heard about Kaadas brand

2) i can see Samsung SHP-R80 - Is this latest. how about another similar model SHP-DR708 or DP609 and

whats the diff between these models please.

3) Kaadas K20 Pro Max top advanced with face recognition, camera door bell 2-way intercom

4) Were all Samsung locks discontinued in most other countries over the world 2.5 years ago?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Smart door lock suggestion please

Hi @Samara1,

When considering a smart door lock, Samsung offers several advanced options tailored to various security needs. The Samsung SHP-R80 is one of their latest models, featuring fingerprint, PIN code, RFID card, and smartphone app access.

If you require more remote access capabilities, the Samsung SHP-DR708 includes Wi-Fi connectivity, enabling remote monitoring and control of the lock from anywhere. This model enhances convenience and security by allowing you to manage your door lock through your smartphone.

If you are looking for comprehensive security features, the Samsung SHP-DP609 is an excellent choice. This model integrates a video doorbell and two-way intercom, allowing you to see and communicate with visitors at your door, adding an extra layer of security to your home.

Regarding the availability of Samsung smart locks, I am not aware of any discontinuation in other countries. Our Samsung models, including the SHP-DR708 and SHP-DP609, continue to be reliable choices for remote access and enhanced security features, with the SHP-DP609 being particularly appealing for its integrated video doorbell.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Samara1
Building a Reputation

Great points thanks

i thought to go for latest model Samsung SHP-R80  which should cover everything as latest including integrating with Video doorbell and two way intercom with enhanced security :smile: bec Samsung SHP-DP609 seems to be 4 years old model. please correct me if i an wrong.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

If you're after the video option, then the Samsung SHP-R80 would be the way to go. I am unaware of how old the SHP-DP609 is, but it is still in their current range.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects