Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is there warranty on incorrectly mixed paint?

Rainy
Community Newcomer

Is there warranty on incorrectly mixed paint?

I purchased some paint to touch up my architraves a while ago. I'm thinking early last year. 

Anyway, it's taken me until now to finally get around to doing it and the colour is wrong (but the sample isn't). 

I purchased from the Kotara store as Taylors Beach didn't have half litre tins in stock. 

I had the Taylors Beach team put the tin in their shaker and mixed again when I got home, but it's still definitely darker and greyer.

Is there any recourse after a year on a tin that was unopened until last week?

I also wouldn't have the receipt.

I ended up taking a piece of skirting board in for a colour match and it matches the sample card and existing paint perfectly (Hog Bristle). 

At almost $50 a tin, it's disappointing that the original one I bought isn't even close. 

Top right hand corner of the Hog Bristle swatch is the colour matched paint, little dots are off an old tin in the shed (which now has rust flakes in it, so I couldn't use it), dark colour is the tin that has issues.

1000007670.jpg

1000007410.jpg

1000007441.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Warranty on incorrectly mixed paint?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Rainy

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with your paint. Given that the tin was unopened and you're certain it's not a match, I’d suggest heading into your nearest store to discuss the issue with one of our paint experts. They'll be able to review the situation and see what options are available to correct it.

Even though it’s been a while since the purchase and you don’t have the receipt, a manager can assist in locating the transaction in our system. 

Again, I’m really sorry for the inconvenience, and I trust our in-store team will do their best to get this sorted for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects