Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to paint interior window frames?

Hester_Adam
Just Starting Out

How to paint interior window frames?

I started to paint window frames with a brush but after two windows searched for a better way to do it.  One of the members here said she used a can spray paint for the job.

I started to paint with vivid white British paints, windows, doors and trims, water based semi-gloss paint.  It is a primer and paint in one.  What spray paint can I buy to complete the job? I don't mind if it is not British paints brand, anything will do as long as it is vivid white and water based, semi gloss.  That is if it exists  - thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to paint interior window frames?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Hester_Adam. It's tremendous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about painting window frames.

Spray can painting of window frames is typically reserved for metal frames, but it sounds like you have timber. For timber frames, I'd continue using your current paint and pop it in a spray gun, such as the budget-friendly Ozito 400W Power Paint Spray Gun or Wagner Flexio 575 Paint Sprayer, if you were after a more premium option.

If you were after a white in a spray can, you could go with the Rust-Oleum 340g Blossom White Satin 2X Ultra Cover Paint+Prime Spray Paint. However, spray cans are not generally water-based and don't have vivid white, just white. Vivid white is a plain white without tint.

As with any spray can or gun, you'll need to tape up your windows and surrounding walls and floors. These pre-taped masking films are perfect for the job.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects