Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install floor transitions?

Rylee
Just Starting Out

How to install floor transitions?

I have recently laid laminate floating floor. I removed vinyl edge cap between carpet to carpet and carpet to tile. I noticed the edge cap didn’t push into anything between the carpet to carpet. I was hoping to just new QEP vinyl edge cap between the tiles and laminate and carpet. Does the QEP need to be push into a bar or should it just sit in place with the cork. I haven’t installed any bars underneath. Should I just place a plain flat metal edge there instead. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Floor Transitions

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Rylee. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about floor transitions.

The QEP vinyl edge cap can be installed by itself between solid objects such as tile and laminate. For carpet-to-carpet, you could test fit it, but you might require the Roberts 1.65m Silver Multipurpose Pinless Base Trim for a good connection. 

There are a variety other other transitions you could use, it just depend on the style you want to achieve.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Floor Transitions

Does the QEP cap require anything to help stick it down between the two hard surfaces. I can seem to get it to stay in place 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects