Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Ametalin XR HD SilverSark?

handiher19
Growing in Experience

How to install Ametalin XR HD SilverSark?

Good morning Brains Trust

We are removing our roof to upgrade the tie downs to the rafters and top plate and while we had the metal roof off, we want to Sark it. But i cant find anywhere the install guidelines for the Ametalin SilverSark. Can you point us in the right direction for install. Also we are getting conflicting info - do we go over or under battons

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: installing Ametalin XR HD SilverSark

Hi @handiher19,

Thank you for your question about the installation of Ametalin XR HD SilverSark.

Similar to you, I've been unable to find an installation guide for this particular product. The specific details around installation are unfortunately hidden behind a paywall in AS 4200.2:2017 Pliable Building Membranes and Underlays, Part 2: Installation. 

I can say that sarking is usually attached to the rafters with Ametalin 25mm x 22mm Cap Nails with Ametalin 72mm x 50m Reinforced Insulation / Ducting Tape to seal the seams before battens are run over the top. The sarking should be laid horizontally, starting from the bottom of the rafters, and working up towards the ridge so that each subsequent row overlaps the one below it.

Unfortunately, you may need to contact a licenced roofing contractor to assist with the install and to offer advice on the correct method of installation in line with the Australian Standards.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects