Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What does P/C mean in relation to doors?

Helen400
Just Starting Out

What does P/C mean in relation to doors?

What does P/C mean in relation to door material, and p/c mean relatingto Finish of door

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What does P/C mean in relation to door material, and p/c mean relatingto Finish of door

Hi @Helen400,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community it is fantastic to have you join us.

I would need to know some context around the use of the abbreviation to be certain, but two possibilities are prime coat, meaning the door has been pre-primed and is ready for painting, or pine core, meaning the core of the door is made of solid pine as opposed to a honeycomb core.

If this was in relation to a specific product, could you advise which product it was so I can interpret based on the specific door?

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jacob

Re: What does P/C mean in relation to door material, and p/c mean relatingto Finish of door

Thanks Jacob. The question was in relation to bi-fold doors, specifically the Hume 2040 x 820 x 35mm Internal Bifold Door Humecraft Glazed G2 Glass BF30 that Bunnings have advertised online. It would make sense if the material (P/C) is pine core, and the finish (p/c) is pre coated, but I would like that confirmed in relation to this product.

Thanks

Helen

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Helen400,

I can confirm that in the case of the Hume 2040 x 820 x 35mm Internal Bifold Door Humecraft Glazed G2 Glass BF30, P/C means primecoat which is what Hume doors refer to their pre primed MDF faced doors.

You might like to have a look at BF30 | Humecraft | Hume Doors for some further information on this product.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects