Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean slate floors?

Sath
Growing in Experience

How to clean slate floors?

I have uneven slate tiles all over my kitchen and lounge spaces. Couple of questions

1. What is a good way to clean these on a regular basis? The moping cloth of the bissel triangular headed steam mop keeps coming off as it hits the rough edges of the slate tiles. Some used an old fashioned mop? which ones?

2. Has anyone used a robo vacuum over these uneven surfaces. Looking to invest in one of them, i have floorboards and carpets in other rooms.
IMG_4711.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to clean slate floors?

Hi @Sath,

Hope all is well.

Please note that a couple of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts are taking a well-earned break at the moment, so there might be a bit of a delay before one can get back to you about your slate floors. Sorry about that.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Slate floor vaccum and moping

Hello @Sath 

I propose using the Sabco 2 Sided Microfibre Flip Mop for everyday dry sweeping and the Sabco SupaDry Spin Mop and Bucket Gen2 with Bonus Refill for moping the floor. The Flip mop is easy to use, and the head is machine washable. The spin mop is much more convenient as it is not as heavy as a regular cotton head mop and is easy to dry off.

In regards to the robot vac, I suggest borrowing a friend's robot if possible and see how it manages the large gaps and different levels of the slate floor. If it looks like it will manage, then it would be worth investing in one. I suggest having a look at the Ecovacs DEEBOT U2 Floor Cleaning Robot

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects