Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I remove an aluminium glass sliding door for replacement weatherproofing?

Jay_1
Just Starting Out

How do I remove an aluminium glass sliding door for replacement weatherproofing?

Hi all,

How do I remove the glass door section of the sliding door to replace the internal weatherproofing strips?

IMG_0121.jpeg

IMG_0122.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I remove an aluminium glass sliding door for replacement weatherproofing

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jay_1. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing a glass door.

Sliding doors are typically removed by pushing them up against the top frame and then pulling the bottom out of the track. It's a two-person job, and you should take great care when handling the glass door. Make sure to wear appropriate PPE, including gloves, safety glasses, a long-sleeved shirt and pants and enclosed shoes.

If the door doesn't easily lift out of the track, then those screws might have the rollers under tension. Try undoing the screws to see if it retracts the rollers and gives you more room to work with.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects