Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Entryway feature wall with Pine moulding

amitisyours
Finding My Feet

Entryway feature wall with Pine moulding

We have a long entryway, since the time we moved in, the wall right at the entry, felt long and empty. Being entry way we wanted to do something special and elegant. This being our first home, and being IT engineer by profession, I have weekends mostly free. We were very enthusiastic to do DIY's at our new home and after couple of small DIY's we got more confident!

After brainstorming various ideas me and my wife finally zeroed on this Design. We wanted wood trims essentially to be part of the design, as it gives a 3D effect and uplifts the wall. While it looked easy on paper, we faced multiple challenge as DIY'er on all fronts be it alignment, measurements or choice of material. But over 3 weekends, multiple challenges and with numerous helps from Bunnings staffs at Hoppers and Tarneit stores, we could put this final master piece together. We never expected it to come out so good! Its even beyond our imagination and expectations ( from DIY'ers point of view :D) !

Steps

Step 1

• We first measured and divided the wall into 3 parts
  • Then we marked all the panel placing with pencil and used painters tape to mock the Pine moulding placement on the wall.
  • We then corrected all alignments, ensure all markings are measured with sprit level and laser level to ensure levels and Right angles are correct. Masking paints were really handy to fix any alignments.
  • Measure and cut one pine moulding at a time using Mitre box  and hand saw for mitre cuts at both ends, then remove that tape and using sprit level to ensure correct orientation, brad nailer nail the moulding.
  • Once all the moulding were attached, filled all the wood mitre edges with wood filler and cauked the wood panels and drywall edges.
  • Prepared the area for spray painting using Pre Taped masking films.Primed the wall and wood panels using paint spray gun - 2 coats
  • Fixed all accessories on wall 
  • 3 Coats of spray paint to get final finish!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: An elegant Feature wall in Entryway

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @amitisyours. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your wonderful project.

What a fantastic transformation! Your entryway feature wall looks stunning and adds a touch of elegance to your home. It's clear that you and your wife put a lot of thought and effort into the design and execution, and the result is truly impressive, especially for your first major DIY project. The use of wood trims to create a 3D effect was a great choice, and it's wonderful to hear that the staff at Bunnings were able to assist you along the way. 

Congratulations on your beautiful new entryway!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects