Workshop
Ask a question

How to fix Matador barbecue stuck on low heat?

geoffrey888
Just Starting Out

How to fix Matador barbecue stuck on low heat?

I bought from you a matador 4 burner  . connected to a gas socket.the gas goes to the bbq 

but never gets hot.the gas burner is alway on a low heat.

what should I do?

help 

geoffrey

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix Matador barbecue stuck on low heat?

Hi @geoffrey888,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

I'll start by saying that any interactions with gas should be made with extreme caution. Ensure that the gas is turned off while troubleshooting and if you are not confident troubleshooting the issues, consider contacting a professional for assistance.

It sounds like the issue is with the gas flow which could stem from a couple of things, the regulator, blocked burners or low pressure from the gas socket. 

To check your gas regulator, first turn off the gas supply and inspect the regulator for any visible damage. Check the hose to ensure it isn’t kinked or damaged. Perform a soap test by applying soapy water to the connections and watching for bubbles, which would indicate a gas leak. To reset the regulator, disconnect it from the gas supply, wait 30 seconds, then reconnect and turn the gas on slowly. Afterward, test the BBQ to see if it heats properly. If the issue remains unresolved, replacing the regulator may be necessary.

With everything still disconnected, check the burners for blockages. Brush the burners with a stiff-bristled brush, focusing on the holes to remove any potential blockages. Once cleaned, reconnect the gas and test. 

If these two steps don't fix the issue, you may have low gas pressure. If this is the case, you will need to contact a licensed gas fitter for their assistance.

Let me know how you go and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects