Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Will Pour-in-Place rubber wet-pour kill any future weeds once secure in place?

jackie95
Just Starting Out

Will Pour-in-Place rubber wet-pour kill any future weeds once secure in place?

Hello,

I am planning to redo my daughters swing set area with Pour-in-Place wet-pour. Currently I have the Rubber Play Pavers below the swing set, laid out in how I thought were perfectly fit for the space between brick paving, with paving sand below. In the last few months, despite poisoning the weeds & bulbs below, they have re-emerged through the rubber tiles leaving them raised and bumpy. If I was to install pour-in-place wet-pour, would this still occur or in your experience, has the wet-pour been enough to kill off the growth below and not cause damage to the wet-pour itself? 
After some research, I have also learnt that Pour-in-Place wet-pour needs upkeep and to be resealed from time-to-time. How often would this upkeep need to occur to keep it good as new? (Obviously this is dependent on weather/exposure/debris from leaves, etc; the area is shaded under a big oak tree, so many leaves and moisture during autumn/winter). 
Thankyou for any tips & advice you may be able to give. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Will Pour-in-Place rubber wet-pour kill any future weeds once secure in place?

Hello @jackie95 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about Pour-in-Place Rubber.

Pour-in-Place 1.5m2 Forest Green Wetpour Rubber Surfacing is porous and allows water to pass through. This means that weeds will be able to pass though those tiny gaps and grow. In regards to the upkeep, it all depends on the amount of roughness that's being applied to it. 

A good sign that it needs re-sealing is when the rubber bits start to spread outside its designated area. They will also start to get attached to the crevices of shoes and clothing.

I recommend doing a thorough cleaning and weeding of the area before you pour the rubber surfacing.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects