Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to find decorative timber frieze work?

Heath1980
Just Starting Out

Where to find decorative timber frieze work?

G'day 

I'm looking to purchase or build some frieze work or decorative timber like the ones shown in the photo. Can something like this be purchased or are they more "custom jobs"

The thought of building it actually sounds like a fun job , if I did purchase the pine to get started can i please get some advice on what fixings to put it all together?

And secondly how to secure it between 2 X steel posts for 1 piece and between a steel post and a rendered wall.at the other endScreenshot_20240605_095354_Pinterest.jpgScreenshot_20240605_101320_Firefox.jpg

Thanks in advance for your input 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Where to find decorative timber frieze work?

Hello @Heath1980 

Welcome to the Bunnings workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about timber frieze work.

Frieze work is available for purchase at the store under the Heritage Products brand. I suggest visiting your local store and speaking to the team at the special orders desk. They will have a brochure that shows you all the frieze wark that is available.

If you were to build this from scratch, you could use ordinary pine panels of various sizes to create the feature that you are after. You'll also need to use various tools such as a coping saw, jigsaw and various timber chisels.

In regards to the metal post, there are several sizes available. Did you have a particular size in mind? If you do, please let us know what size your after and we can check if it is available.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects