Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What trim and seals for 1980’s Millard caravan reno?

Lifeasafamilyof
Just Starting Out

What trim and seals for 1980’s Millard caravan reno?

Hey everyone,

I just picked up a 1980s Millard caravan and am ready to get stuck into renovating it ekkk!

I’ve already read lots but can’t seem to find the answer to this: I need to find the aluminium edging/trim for the bottom edge of the exterior, what do I use? 

I want to reseal the whole exterior, what does everyone recommend for sealing?

im sure I’ll be back with more lol 

thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What trim and seals for 1980’s Millard caravan reno?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Lifeasafamilyof. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about renovating a caravan.

If you are able to provide an image of the aluminium trim that would help our members in providing suggestions for a replacement. Let me know if you need a hand uploading images. You might like to take a look through our aluminium profiles to see if there is something similar. 

Sikaflex 11FC which is a flexible polyurethane sealant is suitable for many sealing jobs and I suspect it would be along the lines of what you should use. However, let me tag our resident caravan expert @twocutekelpies to see if they have some recommendations.

Also, you might like to check out the amazing three part guide on How to renovate a caravan. And, for a bit of inspiration, take a look at these 10 caravan renovations from our members.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for your welcome and suggestions. 
this is the part of the frame I’m questioning 🤨 image.jpg

Was it the white trim I've highlighted in blue @Lifeasafamilyof or the silver corner trim with the red arrow?

You could possibly replace the white trim with zinc angle or gal flashing. The corner trim might either need to be straightened out or cut back and replaced with aluminium right-angle trim.

Mitchell

Trim.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Both lol 

I’ll have a look on my next trip to Bunnings thanks!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects