Workshop
Ask a question

Romantic in-ground fire pit

katiedoyle135
Finding My Feet

Romantic in-ground fire pit

My hubby & I are lucky to have recently moved to our forever home which is a blank canvas including a huge backyard.  Like all projects; "wifey" starts with an idea, and poor "hubby" makes it happen.🙄  🤔. I wanted an inground pit so we could either enjoy an open log fire or place our trusty washing machine drum pit inside the hole..  

1.jpg

no 2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

Materials

wooden recycled garden sleepers

Tuscan pavers (600 x 600 x 20cms)

Tuscan path pavers 600 x 400

sml round river rocks

lge feature rocks/boulders

metal strapping & clouts

2 bags of cement, bag of sand & grouting 

terracotta paint

weed matting

plants, bird bath & garden swing

Tools

shovel

crow bar

posthole shovel 

square nose shovel

5 inch hand grinder with concrete cutting blades

Ryobi petrol chainsaw

wheelbarrow

steel trawl & wooden trawl for concrete

paint brush

leaf rake & broom

Steps

Step 1

From our decking area there are step pavers in unique design leading from the patio to a framed octagon design fire pit encompassed with layers of materials.  At its centre we dug/shovelled out a  large  hole (15-20cm deep) and lined it with pavers cemented into place allowing for drainage in case of rain. Ground level are beautiful Tuscan stone pavers encased in grouting surrounded by painted railway sleepers,  medium size rocks and an outer layer of wooden sleepers.  We finished it off with feature plants, lights, a bird bath and a "love/garden swing".

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Romantic fire pit in Logan

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @katiedoyle135. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your sharing your wonderful project.

Congratulations on your new home and your fantastic backyard project! It sounds like you've put a lot of thought and effort into creating a versatile space that will be perfect for both cozy fires and outdoor entertaining. The combination of pavers, recycled garden sleepers, and feature rocks looks great, and adding plants, lights, and a garden swing will really make it feel like a special retreat. 

Enjoy your new outdoor space and thanks again for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Romantic fire pit in Logan

Thank you for helping me post the project!.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects