Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need ideas for backyard facelift

syd
Just Starting Out

Need ideas for backyard facelift

I need some ideas for my yard. The pizza oven that my husband builds is staying. I am considering using some panels on the colour bond fence with maybe some rose vine growing plants, large white pits with maybe a olive tree, the concrete will hopefully be tiled medium grey colour (not too light & not dark) replacing most of the grass with paving, bench seats & firepit? Your guidance on a small budget is greatly appreciated?

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need ideas for backyard facelift

Hello @syd 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about revamping your backyard.

Covering your Colorbond fence with Merbau panels is a good option, when alternating with artificial plants it gives a wonderful impression of a full garden behind the wall. There is also the option of using galvanized steel wire to create a climbing frame for climbing plants such as star jasmine. I propose painting the concrete wall instead of tiling as it is easier to change in the future. For the large white pits, I recommend a raised garden bed instead painted in white.

Here are some discussions regarding fence panelling that you'll find handy:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects