Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to pave over a old garden bed?

Simeon1
Community Newcomer

How to pave over a old garden bed?

Hi Team,

I would love assistance please with understanding what I need to do to fill in this gap with pavers to suit existing? We previously had an old brick planter box there which I have removed.

The idea is to just use brick pavers to hopefully make it look like a continuation of the existing.

I would also love advice on how to smooth over the wall so I can paint it etc.

Additional info;

- Air-con unit you can see in the image will soon be relocated away from this location.

- Unsure at this stage what the white pipe in the photo is and can image it will be the main challenge?

460370345_900479521992541_708468251069535289_n.jpg

Thanks,

Simeon 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to pave over a old garden bed?

Hello @Simeon1 

Thanks for sharing your question about paving over an old garden bed. You're correct, the main challenge will be that white PVC pipe as it will be in path of the pavers. I suggest engaging the services of a licensed plumber and asking them if it can be diverted or eliminated altogether. Once that pipe is out of the way there should be no issue with laying down new pavers. I don't recommend cutting the pipe yourself as it might be connected to your current plumbing. 

In regards to the walls smoothness, I suggest sanding it down first to give you a better idea of what section needs filling. If that section is lower than the existing wall, I suggest using Dunlop 4L Premix Render Joint And Patch. Please make sure that the wall is clean and free of debris before you start patching.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects