Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair pebblecrete steps?

kiji
Getting Established

How to repair pebblecrete steps?

I recently damaged a part of outdoor steps which was covered by pebble create with a heavy object as shown in the photo;

IMG_2928.jpeg

i watched a video of Maxpro pebble resurfacer, so understood it requires preparation with bleach, rinsing, primer, etc.

My first question is:

Does BETTA ADMIX SUPER CONCENTRATE

work as primer?

I have kept a large part as one piece, though it needs some small spaces to fill in with new pebbles.
Would anyone guide me how I can fill those spaces vertically in please?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair pebblecrete steps?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kiji. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing Pebblecrete.

As we don't stock Maxpro pebble resurfacer, I'm not aware of what a suitable primer would be for it. The Gripset Betta 15L Admix Super Concentrate is an additive for cement-based coating systems, and I believe the Maxpro product is a resin-based system, so it wouldn't be suitable.

How large is the piece you have, and would you be able to show it to us? It could potentially be glued back on with construction adhesive, and gaps around it could be filled with repair cement that you push fish tank gravel into.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
kiji
Getting Established

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for the reply.

"How large is the piece you have, and would you be able to show it to us? It could potentially be glued back on with construction adhesive, and gaps around it could be filled with repair cement that you push fish tank gravel into."

- No I can not show it here, as I do not have the piece with me, and takes 90 minutes drive to get there. The large piece covers most of the damage.

- Do you think that "Bondall 1L BondCrete Cement Additive" (https://www.bunnings.com.au/bondall-1l-bondcrete-cement-additive_p0961387) as the construction adhesive good enough? since there is no small quantity of BETTA ADMIX SUPER CONCENTRATE.

I am going to wash, bleach, rinse, and dry the area before applying it.

- Is Dingo Fast Set Mortar (https://www.bunnings.com.au/dingo-fast-set-mortar-3kg_p0760518) good enough as the repair cement?

Thanks

Kiji

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

To glue the piece back on @kiji, I'd suggest using Selleys 415g Liquid Nails Landscape Stone Concrete Adhesive.

You could use mortar or Earl's 1kg Concremate Expanding Cement to fill around the piece.

Mitchell

kiji
Getting Established

Thanks Mitchell,

I’ll try them as you suggested.

Cheers

kiji
Getting Established

IMG_2961.jpeg

This is after photo.

The 3 products were very good, and the nail and the cement have enough instructions. The colour of the cement especially suited the site.

Thanks Mitchell for your excellent and timely advice.

cheers

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @kiji 

Thank you very much for posting that photo update of your pebblecrete steps. What a fantastic repair job you did. I could not even tell if any damaged occurred. 

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects