Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to paint Terrazzo fibreglass pots?

alison59
Just Starting Out

How to paint Terrazzo fibreglass pots?

I have bought some Terrazzo fiberglass pots brand new. White with a black little fleck in them. I wish to paint them vibrant colors. They are 1 metre in length 47cm height and 47 cm width . I was going to put a primer undercoat on and then paint with Dulux Weather shield or Taubmans  All Weather. Is there one you would recommend over the other ? How long do you wait before you can use them please ?

Thanks Alison

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to paint Terrazzo fibreglass pots?

Hello @alison59 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about painting your fibreglass pots.

Your idea of using a primer is a good one, I propose using Dulux 1L PRECISION White Maximum Strength Adhesion Primer - Bunnings Australia. It is specially formulated to bond to a variety of tough-to-paint surfaces that typically resist coatings. 

It can be used to prime PVC, vinyl, glass, glazed tiles, high gloss enamels, fibreglass, galvanised steel, glazed brick, chalky paints, masonry, metal, uPVC, aged enamels and Laminex®, inside and outside the home. For the top coat I suggest using Dulux Weathersheild for compatibility.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a and a mask when working on your project.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
alison59
Just Starting Out

Hi

Thank you for your advice. I accidentally bought grey not white. I'm planning on paint them 1 red, 1 orange and 1 blue. Do you think this will be an issue?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @alison59,

There should be no issues with that at all. 

I'd just apply a coat then assess whether there is any colour poking through from the primer. If there's not, you're fine, if there is, apply another coat of paint.

Let me know if you have any questions and don't forget to share some photos when your project is done. It would be great to see the finished product.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects