Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make a counter top bench for market stalls?

jnm0906
Finding My Feet

How to make a counter top bench for market stalls?

Hi all, I hope everyone’s having a fantastic weekend. I’m looking to make one of these POS tables for market stalls but need help on what materials I need for it. Any help would be appreciated! Here’s some inspo pics. 

9D044DD3-1BEF-4827-89E8-0CCDAF90946E.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Looking to make a counter top bench for market stalls..

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jnm0906. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about creating a point-of-sale table.

If you'd like to provide a few more specifics on your project, our members would be better placed to offer helpful and informed solutions. Do you have other inspiration pictures showing more of the table, including the size or any specific quality it must possess?

I've created a few renderings for you below to give you an idea of how to get started. I suggest constructing your frame out of 42 x 42mm 5.4m Baluster Handrail H3 Pink Pine FJ Primed LOSP, as it's perfectly straight and easy to build with. 12mm MDF can be used for the shelves and benchtop, and it comes up lovely with a coat of varnish. You could splash out on a SpecRite 1200 x 600mm 18mm Timber Panel Hevea FJ Laminated for the benchtop, as that would look amazing. I'd suggest Easycraft lining panels for the front and sides, and plastic trim can finish the corners where the sheets meet. 140mm Merbau decking would look great as the countertop. Handles and wheels can be added if you want to move the unit around.

Please let me know if you have questions, as I'm keen to assist you further with this project.

Mitchell

B1.pngB2.pngB3.pngB4.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hey Mitchell! 

First of all, wow, thank you so much for going out of your way to respond & send me examples - you’re amazing! To be honest, I have no idea about sizing etc yet, my grandfather’s a lot more handy when it comes to that but we just wanted to know more about the materials! Your examples are great and I’ll definitely be using your suggestions. 

I’ll come back to this thread when it’s being made or done. I truly appreciate your response! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Not a problem at all, @jnm0906! I'm pleased the renderings helped. I'm a very visual person, and they really help me understand how I'll put something together.

Reach out if you need further assistance, and definitely update us when you start the build, as it's a really cool project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects