Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install weatherboard fencing?

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

How to install weatherboard fencing?

Hi wonderful workshop community 

We recently got our new fence installed and now starting to plan out some landscaping.

20230210_192111.jpg

I want it install some weatherboard panels to zone off part of the fence above where the deck will eventually go, using weatherboard panels in the image below.

a-lign-fencng-2__PadWzEyMDAsNjc1LCJGRkZGRkYiLDBd.jpg

From what I gather, I'll need to frame up portions of the space between the posts (RED) for the panels to be fixed to (BLUE).

20230210_192200.jpg

Would love any input from anyone, particularly to do with type of timber, screws, brackets suitable.

Thanks again all.

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns

Re: How to install weatherboard fencing?

Hi @WingingIt,

The Dulux 10L Medium Texture Exterior Paint doesn't require the floating step, but you'll still need to use a sponge or mitt to smooth the surface in a circular motion, removing roller marks. It's best to work in a team and have someone to follow behind on this job.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @diy_hausdesigns,

Did you use the texture roller over the Dunlop render to enhance the render look? 

Mitchell

Hi @MitchellMc I applied the Dunlop render directly onto the FC sheets using the texture roller. The photo below is how it came out in closer detail. 

1000039462.jpg

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

A note for our readers: Please be aware that James Hardie does not warrant their products for use in fencing applications. It’s important to consider product limitations and verify suitability for your specific needs. Always consult product guidelines and if unsure engage the services of a professional for assistance with your project.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects