Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to anchor flanged wall post to brick wall?

tkelly
Just Starting Out

How to anchor flanged wall post to brick wall?

I am putting up a garden fence to stop my dog getting into the garden - planning on using the 1.2m ProtectorAl flat top fence.

The ground is concrete so I’ll be using flanged posts, the fence will go up to a brick wall and I know my dog will jump up on it so want to make it very secure so was hoping I could anchor it to that wall. However, I am imagining that the flanged post would cause a gap and the post would not be flush with the wall.

is it possible to anchor it using a bracket of some sort with Dynabolt screws? 

This is my first DIY project so I really have no idea what I’m talking about here so if I am picturing it wrong please tell me! 

also, to secure the flanged posts into the concrete ground I was going to use 

Ramset 8 × 75mm Galvanised AnkaScrew

Masonry Anchor - is that right?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to anchor flanged wall post to brick wall?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tkelly. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about mounting fence panels.

Can you please link us to the exact product you'll be using? If you are using the ProtectorAl 2400 x 1200mm Black Aluminium Flat Top Garden Fence Panel or any open-ended panel, then these ProtectorAl 38 x 25mm Black Aluminium Pool And Garden Fence Panel Brackets - 4 Pack - Black can be used to mount to the wall. You'd use one of these Stahl masonry fixing kits to do so.

If it is a closed-end panel then you could pre-drill the end frame section and Dynabolt it to the wall. Something like these Ramset 8 x 65mm DynaBolt Plus Hex Nut Bolts should be suitable.

The Ramset 8 × 75mm Galvanised AnkaScrew would be perfect for mounting your posts into the concrete.

Here's a helpful step-by-step guide: How to drill into brick. It's also a very similar process for the concrete.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

That is super helpful thank you!

how do I determine what size stahl masonry fixing kit?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

HI @tkelly 

I propose using the STAHL Masonry Kit 7mm Drill With 50mm Green Wall Plugs as it will provide you with a deep anchor. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects