Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install rangehood into hebel wall

Bubbles8712
Cultivating a Following

How to install rangehood into hebel wall

IMG_9442.jpeg

IMG_9443.jpeg

I have bought a range hood for my outdoor kitchen and need to mount it into a hebel wall. The range hood (Devanti RH-BBQ-1200) comes with 2 x 8mm expansion bolts (pictured below) which the range hood sits on. 

Usually I would use Ramset Ramplugs to mount items to hebel but unsure how to go about this project.

Has anyone had experience in this area? Would using the Ramset plugs as then inserting something like Ramset ChemSet into the pre-drilled hole be a better alternative to the expansion bolts? 

what other products can I use to mount the range hood without jeopardising the hebel? 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install rangehood into hebel wall

Hi @Bubbles8712,

Thank you for your question about installing a rangehood over your outdoor kitchen.

Whenever questions pop up about anchoring things to Hebel, I recommend looking through the fixing to Hebel guide. This provides several solutions for different weights and panel types.

Were you aware of the specific Hebel panels that were used on your property? Also, how much does the rangehood weigh?

If you could provide these details, I could recommend a product based on the fixing to Hebel guide.

Jacob

Bubbles8712
Cultivating a Following

Thanks, Jacob.

Yeah, I have the fixing guide but it doesn’t have anything specific to range hoods. 

We have Hebel Power Panel for a double story house. Unsure what sub type it is though. The range hood weighs 33kgs.

I’m thinking about using a couple of RamPlugs 10mm x 80mm with hex head which are on the hebel fixing guide.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Bubbles8712,

Without knowing the thickness of your Hebel, I'd suggest aiming for the highest weight-bearing capacity fixing that can be used in the thinnest Hebel.

Looking at the fixing guide, this looks to be a combination of the Zenith M8 x 50mm Stainless Steel Hex Head Coach Screw and Ramset 12 x 60mm RamPlug Nylon Anchor which can support 22kg per fixing.

It would also be worth confirming with the manufacturer of the rangehood that they are comfortable with this method of anchoring. The Hebel recommendation likely supersedes this, but it is still worth checking with them to confirm.

Let me know what you think.

Jacob

Bubbles8712
Cultivating a Following

No worries, thanks. I’ll check back with the builder re the hebel. 

The range hood manufacturer weren’t very helpful. They said to refer to the installation which doesn’t have anything re hebel. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects