Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix hairline cracks on fibre cement board?

Monka93
Just Starting Out

How to fix hairline cracks on fibre cement board?

1000010226.jpg

1000010228.jpg

Hiya 

I have recently purchased a 1950s property although I'm not sure if the Cladding is that old I have noticed the Fibre cement board has hairline cracks through it. What is my best bet in sealing these please?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix hairline cracks on fibre cement board?

Hello @Monka93 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about fixing the hairline cracks on your exterior wall.

I suggest washing the area first with 30 Seconds 2L Outdoor Cleaner with Rapid Hose End Technology in combination with a soft bristle broom. Make sure to follow the directions for application and to wash the cleaning substance off the walls as best as possible. 

Once the wall is dry, I suggest filling the cracks with Earl's 0.140kg White MulTfill Ready To Use Filler in combination with a Pro Renovator 50mm Plastic Scraper. Make sure not to over fill the crack and to remove any excess filler so that it does not standout too much. I recommend using a toothbrush to stipple the surface of the filler so that it blends in. Please make sure to give the filler enough time to cure before painting over the surface.

I also suggest having a look at this discussion - How to fix crack on exterior render? by @apm2011 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects